MobilePay is an easy, quick and popular mobile payment method. The MobilePay application is operated by Danske Bank, and you can read more about the application at Danske Bank's web site.
MobilePay does not affect our monthly fee. The transaction fee will be the same as with card payments, 0.35 € + 2 % provision. Refunds will also be handled the same way as your card payment refunds (0.35 €/payment), and settlement delay will be the same (5 business days).
When the customer uses MobilePay for payment at an online store, the procedure progresses as follows:
1. The customer enters the mobile phone number they have linked to the MobilePay application when making a purchase at an online store
2. The payment is confirmed in the MobilePay application
3. The payment is charged on the charge card the customer has linked to the MobilePay application
The sample photos below show what the payment flow looks like. The first two from the left are pictures of a browser and the last is a screenshot of a phone where the payment is confirmed. Please notice that MobilePay is only available in Finnish, Norwegian and Danish. English is not a supported language at the moment.
- MobilePay will ask for your phone number.
- MobilePay will inform that the payment needs to be confirmed in the MobilePay application
- The payment is confirmed in the MobilePay application, after which the user is returned directly to the online store
The rise of the mobile has been a clear trend for many years and has considerably reduced the share of desktops. The combined share of phones and tablets is already about 27 %. The share of tablets has no longer been growing; it is the phones that have been gaining ground in online shopping.
Below are figures from 2012-2016; the source of this data is Paytrail's payment system. Our payment page has also been optimized for mobile devices, so that shopping using a phone or tablet is smooth and the payment page will not increase shopping cart abandonment.
Online payment using different devices in 2012-2016
|2012||97,57 %||1,49 %||0,94 %|
|2013||92,72 %||4,60 %||2,68 %|
|2014||86,84 %||8 %||5,16 %|
|2015||81,86 %||8,81 %||9,33 %|
|2016||72,66 %||8,96 %||18,38 %|